Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

The clocks have been changed; we have sprung ahead.  The days are getting longer.

With daylight lasting so long, I tend to  loose track of time.

Supper-time has a way of sneaking up on me.

This reminded me that it's time to get back into freezer cooking.

Freezer cooking not only saves us money, but it takes off A LOT of stress.

Plus, one of my favorite parts, I can still serve healthy meals to my family,

even on those short on time days.

By pre-cooking some of our favorite meals, and throwing them in the freezer,

I am able to enjoy the longer days of this time of year.

Some of my favorite freezer meals are:

Roasted chicken - This is so easy to do!  Just throw in an extra chicken the

next time you are roasting one.  I put my into a tin roasting pan, wrap it

with foil, then pop it into the freezer.  When I'm ready, it is easily taken

straight from the freezer to the oven. 

If you use a cooking bag, you don't even have to remove it from the bag

before freezing.   .

Meat loaf - Undercook a little, so it won't overcook when heating.

Hamburgers - Again, undercook a little.

Spaghetti sauce, chili, goulash,  and lasagna

Taco meat

Pizza

It doesn't have to be complicated to get started. 

Simply, cook a little extra while doing your regular cooking.

Even a couple of meals in the freezer will save you money and

keep you from stressing out when time just seems to get away 

from you.

~Candy~

1 comment:

  1. So true! We have so many projects outside during these first few weeks in the spring that we don't make it in to eat until late. Time just slips away!

    ReplyDelete