Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Money at Home - Part One



Can  you track down any money around your house?

Want some help?

1. Penny Jar - I love jars!  I have a jar for all sorts of things around my home.  I have an old-fashioned glass penny candy jar that holds my pennies.  When I am doing the laundry, vacuuming, cleaning out behind the couch cushions, or just walking around, I find pennies.  I'm sure you do too, but I pick them up and put them into my penny jar.

2. Silver Jar - You probably guessed if I have a penny jar then I probably have a silver jar.  You're right!  It's amazing how quickly change adds up!

3. Bottles & cans - Don't roll your eyes!  You are paying a deposit when you purchase these things.  Don't you want your money back?  Plus, it will save you money when it's time to pay the garbage man!

4. Round up the checking account - This simple little trick can keep  you from accidentally overdrafting your account, plus it's always nice to have extra in the checking account when your statement is delivered each month!

5. Amazon - I have fallen in love with Amazon!  It has helped to build up my bank account, and clean up my house at the same time!  I listed a bunch of old books that I had stacked in a corner, and I made just over $120.00 in seven days!  Remember, one man's junk is another man's treasure!

(Be sure and check back soon for part two!)

No comments:

Post a Comment