Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Using Coupons at Wal-Mart

If you are just starting on the couponing path, then consider starting with Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart has no frills, no hoops, type of coupon policy.

It makes it easy to get started.

Wal-Mart DOESN'T  offer catalinas (register rewards, +UPRewards, ValueBucks, Extra Care Bucks).

They do NOT offer BOGOs (buy one/get one deals).

They do, however, offer something that makes couponers everywhere jump for joy.

OVERAGE!

Wal-Mart will actually PAY YOU the difference between the coupon amount and the item price.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

For example:

I had a Tide coupon which specified ANY SIZE item.

I picked up a trial size package of Tide marked 99 cents.

I had a $2.00 off coupon, so Wal-Mart PAID ME $1.01 to take it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Three of the top ways to save at Wal-Mart:

Rollbacks - Wal-Marts rollbacks are their sale prices.  I used to think that rollback prices were their new prices.  In other words, I thought they decided to lower the price, but in reality, rollback prices don't last.  Rollbacks are simply sale prices.

Clearance - One of my favorite things to use my coupons on are clearance items.  You can easily get paid to shop by matching clearance items up with coupons!

Trial Size - Check your coupons carefully.  If it specifies 'ANY SIZE' then you will want to make a bee line to the trial size section.  I love the trial size sections in stores because I know that I will be PAID TO SHOP!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few more things to know about shopping at Wal-Mart:

Wal-Mart doesn't have limits on how many items you can purchase.  Plus, they typically are well stocked, so you can stock-up while leaving plenty on the shelves for the next customer.

Be sure and print out their coupon policy and carry it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment