Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

SHOPPING AT WALGREENS

Walgreens

When I learned about Walgreens, it quickly became my all-time favorite store.
Walgreens actually pays you to shop at their store! Many times, they have two or three products that you can get paid to take.

Walgreens does not have a store savings card, but they usually have two or three
products each week that they will pay you to take.

Scenario #1:

Shaving cream - priced at $2.99 with $3.00 register rewards
Dove body wash - priced at $7.99 with $8.00 register rewards.

Notice that in this scenario I was paid a penny to buy each item. Now, if I used a
coupon to go with these purchases, I would have made more money on the deal!

I use these register rewards to buy what I actually need that week. If I need to buy
toilet paper and dish soap, I would buy the free items with my shopping money, and usethe register rewards to buy my needs.

Register rewards are simply coupons that can be used to purchase anything in that
store. (Be sure and check your store’s policy. Some stores may exclude certain items.)

They are coupons given back when you check out. You can turn right around and use these rewards without leaving the store. I usually have everything in my cart and just do separate transactions using the proper coupons. (Names for these coupons given to you when you check out are: Catalinas, Register Rewards, +Up Rewards, Extra Bucks, etc.)

Don’t buy multiple items of the same product that is offering the rewards on one
transaction because only one reward will print. The clerks at these stores do not mind if you do multiple transactions. You can use the RR on the same product for which you received it, but if you do, it will not print another reward. So, if you buy toothpaste that offers a RR, then don’t use the register reward to buy that same toothpaste.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article was taken out of my book, Strategic Shopping



You can learn more about my book over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment