Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

For Thrifty Thursday, I am making up some pretty things for my kitchen.

Someone gave me some very cute curtains, that I don't need, so I have

cut them into large squares.  I took an old ragged towel and cut that into

squares also.

I am going to sew them together for some really nice and cute quilted

potholders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week, I bought  a BUNCH of stuff at our local thrift shop. 

You can see my pics of that awesome shopping trip here.

I ended up with 40 different items for a total of two bucks!

There was a stack of 100% cotton sheets in that deal.

I cut them up and dyed them.

I am in the process of sewing them into about 300 cloth napkins.

That's about 64 100% cloth napkins for a penny!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These projects are extremely THRIFTY! 

They don't take up a lot of time either.

As a matter of fact, I usually work on such projects during family movie

or reading time.

These little projects also work great for teaching children how to sew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What thrifty projects are you working on?

~Candy~

No comments:

Post a Comment